Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's hotter than hell at the station. The power is back on, but the damn air conditioner is out. How is that for irony? It's mostly a slow day. I did stop one guy for blowing through an intersection with dead traffic lights. You're supposed to treat it like a 4-way stop. Yet this guy blew through almost hitting another car. When I stopped him he tries telling me he thought he saw green. There wasn't anything green around there except the trees and in no light you can't see it. He got three tickets. I see another officer stop a guy up the road from me. I check by and he has him handcuffed. It's a drunk (possibly illegal immigrant). He calls some buddies of his to handle it. They show up with a lady. Never seen these three before. The 2-man unit is two gay officers. Okay nobody has a problem with that. The officer and the lady ask me to figure out which is the 'girl' in the relationship. I'm not sure I want to walk in that minefield. I'm partly afraid of offending them but since they can hear the conversation I guess they're not too concerned. I make my selection because the other guy seems more dominant of the two. Well the lady officer wins the bet. They work on getting the drunk home. I shake my head. Some officers just get lazy. I don't tolerate drunks on the road. So, since this was their scene I leave and let them handle it. I want no part of it.

No comments: