Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 08, 2009

After the complimentary phone call from the grateful wife (two posts prior) another call comes in. A woman from a bank calls up saying the parents of a missing teenager case we started yesterday came into the bank. Because of privacy laws she couldn't tell them anything. However since their son went missing she wanted to help, but didn't want to get jammed up. I faxed her something that should cover her in exchange for her telling me the missing person's credit card was used to check into a motel in Beaumont. I go to google and find the address and the phone number of the hotel and call it. The clerk there was no help. In this day and age she tells me they do not have computer records and the manager keeps them. I guess they have a folder where one can sign in under the name Mickey Mouse if they want to. To make a long story short I have Beaumont police make a stop out there and locate him. The detectives hadn't even touched the report yet. It's nice to start and close a case before the detectives even scratch their butt with it.



Later on I was getting something to drink when I get called and asked to come to a call. It was an injury to a child call. They already had charges on him however he had locked himself in his bedroom and wasn't coming out. Normally I hate these kids of situations but something about this got me excited. No way this guy was going to barricade himself in a bedroom. If he wasn't out by the time I got there that door was coming down. I was picturing all sorts of scenarios getting ready for a fight. A block before I arrive he comes out. Damn! When I get there everyone is crying because he's going to jail. He hit his son so hard he left some pretty nasty bruises. There's disciplining a child, and going overboard. However, the neighbors and other kids are mad at us for arresting him.

No comments: