Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friday, September 26, 2008

Slow day until later in the evening when calls starting coming in one after another. I ran a call at a nursing home. Turns out it was a medical call. There was a really pretty EMT there, but I kept professional and said a polite 'hello.' She ignored me. How do you like that? After that ran a call where a woman hit her husband. Okay, all the elements are here for a warrant on her. She wasn't there when I got there so I called her. She admitted she hit him and told me why. She said he used her to get into the country and become a citizen. She also tells me he would hit on her and her kids. Since she admitted to hitting him already why would she start lying now? Well, technically she did assault her husband in this case. Yet, if what she says is true then she is upset and her emotions got the best of her. Plus, with illegal immigrants, spousal abuse is very common (something La Raza or LULAC will never admit to). So, I decided to let our family violence detectives work with this one. I just didn't feel right filing a warrant on her this night.

No comments: