Monday, December 26, 2011

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas like I did.

As I'm coming in a woman calls complaining about fireworks being set off by neighborhood kids. She told the dispatcher we better stop them or she will kill them. Crazy suburbanite bi***!

A man walking down down the road decides to take a leak in view of everyone. Too bad for him he has warrants in this county and the adjacent one.

A man comes home from Christmas to find it had been burglarized. Sadly this scenario will play out dozens more tonight.

A man assaults his girlfriend and takes her car. While we were working on the warrant he comes back in the car and thumps on her again. After doing 100 on the interstate we look everywhere and can't find him. I'm sure that little bastard is holed up there somewhere. I black out and sit around the corner. A while later I see the car creeping down the street with no lights on.y heart starts pumping, my pulse races. I'm thinking I got him. I stop the car and see the "victim" leaving. Damn! Get my hopes up!

The rest of the night was dead. I had to fight the urge to nod off in the car.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Given that its the end of the year and I've been reading your blog for at least that amount of time--probably much longer--I just wanted to say I really enjoy your little dispatches from the field. Some others write long flowery prose and tell maybe one story every couple of weeks but I love how your posts are just a sentence or two about each event that happened on your shift.

Its a good way to blog without getting burnt out and also give little snapshots about your work.

Keep it up and I look forward to continued reading this coming year!