Friday, December 19, 2008

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Well, a lot of internal drama. I don't feel comfortable posting it openly here (although I may privately email it). Let's just say the more things change the more they stay the same. Well there were a couple of exciting events. One officer stopped a woman who practically threw her license at him screaming at him. Yeah, she has problems. Well, she also had a warrant. Nothing better than when a smart ass motorist has a warrant for their arrest.

***One time, I stopped a guy for speeding. I was using a hand held radar that didn't hold a charge very well. So, I would turn it on, use it, then get a speeder and turn it off. I stopped him and right off the bat he was an a**hole. He demanded to see my radar because "it was his legal right!" Well, that's a myth. Police don't have to show radars, only stupid people, and lawyers think that. Well, I ran him and found a traffic warrant for his arrest. Normally I wouldn't bother with it. However, since he wants to run his mouth okay. I confirm the warrant, and go to him and bring him back to my car telling him he will see my radar. I also had the warrant information on my computer. So, I bring him back to my car and show him the hand held radar. He looks incredulously at me since it is turned off. I then ask him to read the computer. He sees his name and asks what that means. I inform him he has a warrant and he's under arrest as I slap cuffs on him. He regretted opening his mouth then.***

Anyhow, he goes to arrest her for the warrant and she takes off. By the time he gets back into his car and goes looking she's already disappeared. Well, that dumb bitch got away today. However aside from the original minor traffic warrant she had, she now has a felony warrant and it won't go away. Sooner or later her dumb ass will get caught.

At the end of the shift, an officer goes to a family disturbance. When she yelled for back up I could tell all hell was about to break lose. Sure enough she gets on the air screaming. She's fighting. Of course I'm on the other side of town and can only wait for the units in her area to get to her. The cavalry finally arrives and things get under control. She goes to the hospital complaining of hand and leg pain. She probably over exerted herself but she will be okay. The two punk asses who were fighting to start with will spend the night in jail.

No comments: