Thursday, October 9, 2008

Awww Dammit!

It was mostly a slow night until the jogger got hit. She was running down a dark street when a vehicle hit her and took off. Fortunately she will be okay. However while we were working that scene an 18-year old girl tries to go around all the emergency vehicles and when she can't, she backs up and hits my car. I didn't even see it. This is my 4th police car wreck in the nearly 10 years I've been here. Fortunately, nobody was hurt, it wasn't much damage, and I wasn't in the car so ha ha it doesn't go on my driving record! At first I'm thinking she's going to get a ticket, but the more I talked to her I felt a ticket wasn't warranted. I even told the officer who worked the accident. She's a young girl who just wasn't paying attention. I wonder what her parents will say when they find out.

No comments: