Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bad News At the Start

I sign on and get a phone call. One of our guys was in a serious crash way out of town. He had to be life flighted. My usual reaction to bad news is "awww damn!" This kid is a good guy. He's really nice, professional, and eager to keep learning. I can't think of anyone who doesn't like this kid and now he's laid up in a hospital. Fortunately later in the day we heard he is expected to pull through.

My supervisor and I ate at an old Mexican restaurant in an old part of town. I used to eat here when I was brand new and didn't know what the hell I was doing. On Saturday nights, another officer and I would come in, exchange pleasantries with an old security guard with a balding head and really bad teeth. I did a quick take on how far I've come along since those days. Wow, it has been a bumpy ride.

No comments: