Friday, October 31, 2008

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The day started quick enough. I was loading my patrol car when a call dropped. I jumped on it and headed that way. Well before I could get there three other officers had already arrived. Then, another call comes out. About 2 miles away there is a major accident involving a school bus unknown if there are children aboard. Well, dispatch is looking for a unit in our 'elite' division. Well the 'elite' division is the pride and joy of the department. There are some really good people in that division and there are some total morons. I wait to see if an 'elite' unit answers. Nothing. Chief gets on the radio as does an 'elite' sergeant. Still nothing. So, I answer up "give it to me until you find someone." I get impatient when I run emergency lights and siren. People freeze up, don't know what to do. I've been known to get on my PA system and say things like "get the hell out of my ***dammit!" One of my more famous (or infamous) lines I said on a PA where everyone could hear me "do I look like the mutha f**** ice cream man to you, move that piece of sh**!" Did I mention I'm impatient when I run emergency traffic? Well hopefully when they called to complain I went by so fast they didn't see me and told the supervisor "I didn't see him that well, he looked like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds!" Anyway, I arrive, thankfully no kids on the bus. All is well. I got to thinking and realized I may have made the 'elite' division look bad.

No comments: