Friday, October 24, 2008

Video of Rafer Alston's Arrest

You can look at the stop leading up to the DWI arrest of Houston Rocket player Rafer Alston. Looks to me like Alston knows he is in trouble and resorting to "the attitude" trying to stall. I've met this officer. He knows what he is doing. He's a good man. I find it amusing how he turns around "take me in!" He knows a prosecution is much more difficult if he doesn't do any of the sobriety tests so he refuses. He already knows he is going to trial and play the "he was harassing me" or "he was going to take me in anyway" card. If Alston thought he was sober he would have performed the tests. Celebrities are usually told from the beginning by lawyers, do nothing. So, they play innocent, yet when they have their chance to show they are not impaired they refuse to perform the sobriety tests. In my mind, he's guilty.

No comments: