Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Ranger's Secret Revealed

Last night at dinner an old-timer revealed a Texas Ranger's secret. Years ago he was investigating the disappearance of two women. The Ranger secretly consulted a psychic. She described some landscape and saw a long haired man saying "I have to run along now!" The ranger called the old-timer (he wasn't old then) because he knew that country well. I guess the psychic said something really general like "I see a tree, a tree with leaves on it," because he had no idea what the hell she was talking about. Well, about ten years go by and a pond drains out to where a farmer sees a car roof. The car is recovered and inside it are the two decomposed bodies of women. Turns out, ten years earlier they drove off into the pond and that's where they sat. Needless to say, the psychic was wrong. The old-timer turned to look at me and said the Ranger made him swear never to tell anyone he consulted a psychic. I wonder if that Ranger is around today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say, well, it was worth a shot, but I don't believe in consulting psychics. Either they are full of BS or getting their info from a scary place - one I want to stay far away from.