Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Whine Whine Whine

We get a call about a man passed out in a vehicle in a parking lot. That usually means one thing, a damned drunk! I've had this call probably 100 times in my career. I get there behind the primary officer. Since I can tell people what to do I 'suggest' the officer arrest him for public intoxication. The officer whines about having an extra job after work. I reply that I'm sorry, but this job comes first. Plus, there is still three hours I know that officer should be able to do all this by then. I heard the officer leave the prisoner at the jail with an hour before the extra job starts. Okay, at the most should only be a half-hour late. I remember when I worked night shift, I had an extra job at 9 in the morning, and at 7 would get a late arrest, typically a drunk driver. I had to book it to make it on time and I was only a few minutes late because I knew what to do, and what all had to be done and knew during which intervals I could accomplish certain tasks and be out of there sooner. Apparently this officer doesn't. I was reading a quiz on the officer's myspace page (we're myspace friends too) and I smirked with all of the officer's whining about missing an extra job. Can't wait until our next discussion.

No comments: