Saturday, February 13, 2010

Still raining and still cold as Siberia! This is the kind of weather where you do not want to get out of the car for any reason whatsoever. Alas that wasn't going to happen when I drove up into a busy intersection to find a dead car and two women standing outside of it in the freezing rain. I hit my lights and creep into the intersection so I can block off the car and the ladies. I put on my hat along with the cold weather (not rain) jacket and stand outside waiting on a wrecker to move the car and get the women out of the roadway. Finally one shows up. I think it took me 20 minutes to warm up and dry off inside the car.


A young man decided he was going to see if he had the "courage" to kill himself. He didn't. He pulled a knife and walked towards an officer who had his gun out. The young man changed his mind and briefly shut himself in his bedroom then he surrendered. I heard he later tried to hang himself in the jail using his belt.


Found out an officer I know is back in the hospital for chest pains. Poor guy! I'd be majorly upset to still be having to put up with it. I hope he will be okay.

No comments: